Hi everyone, I am Harsh. In this post, I am going to show you how to fix the WordPress not sending email issue!
So what happened in the past few days is that my WordPress was not sending ‘Thank you’ emails, ‘New Account’ emails, ‘Verification’ emails or some other emails. In simple words, my WordPress was not sending even 1 email to any user.
I was using some other plugin earlier. That’s why I was not worried at all. But when I came to know that this plugin is not helping at all then it opened my eyes. Then I decided to switch to another plugin. So without further ado, let’s get on the topic!!
Before resolving this issue, you should check whether your WordPress Email System is working or not! The following steps will help you to check that!
How to check if my WordPress Email System is working perfectly or not?
- Go to Plugins –> Add New
- Search for ‘Mail Bank‘. Install and activate the ‘Mail Bank’ plugin.
- You can subscribe to their email list. But as of now, I am clicking on ‘Skip & Continue‘.
- Now, click on ‘Test Email‘
- Now, enter your email address and click on ‘Send Test Email‘.
- The result will display! You can see my result below. It is saying that ‘Email Not Sent‘. It means the WordPress is not able to send emails. It means the WordPress Email System is not working perfectly!
As you can see above, the result is saying that the WordPress Email System is not sending emails! It is not working perfectly. So to resolve this issue, I have given a step by step guide to follow. Make sure to follow each and everything carefully.
How to fix the wordpress not sending email issue?
- Click on ‘Email Setup‘.
- You will see basic Info there. You need to make sure everything is correctly filled out. In my case, everything is correct already. Now, click on ‘Next Step‘.
- Now, select Mailer Type: ‘Send Email via SMTP‘
- Now, go to your hosting. Open cPanel. Then open your Email Account. I have opened my email account as shown below:
- In the right upper corner, click on your email and click on ‘Configure Mail Client‘.
- Then look for Non-SSL Settings. You’ll see Outgoing Server there. Copy those details.
- Now, paste them into SMTP Host and SMTP Port respectively.
- Now, set the Encryption to ‘TLS Encryption‘ and set the Authentication to ‘Login‘.
- Now, it’s time to fill your full email address and your email password.
After that, tick the checkbox which says, “Yes, automatically send a Test Email…”
After that, click on ‘Next Step‘.
- Instantly after clicking on the ‘Next Step’, you’ll see the result. My result is that ‘Mail Sent‘. It is shown below.
Now, click on ‘Save Settings‘.
As you can see, it worked like a charm. So far, this is my favorite plugin because it solves email sending issue very nicely 🙂
Moreover, you can go to the WordPress Dashboard and see the Mail Bank Statistics. Mine is shown below:
It will show you how many emails have been sent and how many not.
In the screenshot above, you can see 4 Emails not Sent. These were not sent when the Mail Bank was not installed.
I really hope you like this post about ‘WordPress Not Sending Emails’. I’ll be back with yet another post! Stay tuned!!