Hi everyone, It’s Harsh here. Today, I am going to talk about a serious issue which we all face, at least once, during our lifetime. Sometimes, we accidentally delete an important file, photo or video. Not only that, we even delete that file from the trash bin. After that, we feel very bad after deleting such a beautiful memory. Or if this is in case of some business or study related thing, then this can really make our time difficult. Doing the same hard work again is a very frustrating thing. So today I am going to talk about a free method which can help you get your files back on the mac even if you have emptied the trash bin. Without any further ado, let’s get on to it!
With which devices it works with?
You can recover lost data from various devices. These are the following:
- Mac Notebook/Desktop
- Local/External Hard Drive
- USB Drive
- Card Storage
- Digital Camera
- Other Storage Media
What types of files can be recovered?
You can recover all types of files such as:
- Others, like Archives, DMG.
To be frank, I am testing this software for the very first time. So, in this post, I’ll share my honest experience with you. I am writing this article along with using it and taking screenshots. So you’ll get to know about my experience completely.
To make the process simple, I am writing these down into a step-by-step tutorial below:
- To test it, I am going to delete this image from mac.
- Now, I am gonna delete it from the trash too. In simple words. I am going to empty the trash completely.
- Now, I am gonna download the Free Mac Data Recovery Software
Just click on the green button, “Free Download” as shown in the screenshot below.
It’s being downloaded now. At present, it size is 6.8 MB.
- It has been downloaded. Now open the setup file from the ‘Downloads’ section of your browser. It ends with .dmg extension.
- If you are an old mac user, you must know it. But if you are a new mac user, then this is for you.
To install this software, you need to drag it and drop it to the ‘Applications’ folder as shown in the screenshot below:It’s now installed. You can find it in the ‘Launchpad’. Open it now.
- After opening this software/app, you’ll be asked to enter your Mac’s password. Enter it and click on ‘OK’.
- It will open something like below. I am looking for a file so that’s why I have selected ‘Others’ option. But you can also select for ‘All File Types’.
- Now we have to choose the Drive in which our file was present earlier. I am not very sure about all these drives. But I am quite sure it can be ‘Desktop’. So let me try this first. If this works, then that’s great, if not, then I will choose another drive. You can do this testing too 🙂
Just click on the ‘Scan’ button after that.
- The scan didn’t start because mac doesn’t allow any app directly to scan the system hard drive, so to make this possible, we need to disable the System Integrity Protection (SIP). To do this, we need to follow these steps here.
- I followed the steps and disabled the SIP.
- Now, open the software/app again. Follow the steps 6, 7 & 8)
- After clicking the ‘Scan’ button, you’ll see the files. But I didn’t see any so I am going to use ‘Advanced Recovery’. So just click on that.
- You can see the progress at the bottom as shown in the screenshot below:
- My mac found many files. In actual, my no file has lost. So it was to take many hours so I stopped the process in between. But I am showing a screenshot from the site itself. It is below:
In this way, you can recover the deleted files for free. Yes, I know there is a lot of patience allowed to get those files back. Because we need to keep our mac for so long alone just to wait for the progress to complete. I was writing a tutorial here and my no file was lost so that’s why there was no good reason to scan the whole system and keep my mac open for scanning for so long. I hope you understand my situation. This post was about how to get deleted files back and I assure you that this software will definitely help you get your files back. But again, I would say, you’ll have to wait so long in the ‘Advanced Recovery’ option.
I hope you like my honest opinion and if you are going through a difficult situation like you have lost your files, then this free option is made just for you. You must give it a try.
Thank you for reading by the end of this article. I really appreciate it. If you like reading my blog then make sure to stay updated each time I post a new article here. Just enter your email address below to become my subscriber. Thank you once again for reading 🙂
Do you like this Mac Data Recovery App?
User Review( vote)
With the help of this Free Mac Data Recovery Software, you can easily get the deleted files back. It is Free which is the best thing about it. The process is really very simple to follow. Yes, I know there is a lot of patience allowed to get those files back. Because we need to keep our mac for so long alone just to wait for the progress to complete. I hope you like my honest opinion and if you are going through a difficult situation like you have lost your files, then this free option is made just for you. You must give it a try. Thank you!